Stock products are delivered within a few days. Many other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Thermowood Wooden Greenhouse 212 - Built In Shed
- Free same day installation
- Integral storage shed to the rear 6'8" wide x 4'3" long (2035mm x 1290mm)
- Free full length timber slatted staging to one side of the greenhouse, 1'8" wide x 2'5" high (520mm x 745mm)
- Free full length low level workbench to one side of the shed, 1'8" wide (520mm)
- Free full length high level shelf to one side of the shed, 10" wide (250mm)
- All timber used in the construction of this greenhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Heavy duty timber frame (finished size 58mm x 32mm after machining)
- Thermally modified timber throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Full height glass where practical with no unsightly glass overlaps
- Modern glazing system with grooved framing and no separate glazing beads
- Toughened safety glass
- 1 free roof vent complete with automatic opener (8'6" long greenhouses)
- 2 free roof vents complete with automatic openers (10'6", 12'7" and 14'8" long greenhouses)
- 4 free roof vents complete with automatic openers (16'10", 18'11", 21'0", 23'0" and 25'1" long greenhouses)
- Half boarded single hinged inward opening door to the greenhouse
- Fully boarded single hinged outward opening door to the shed
- Joinery doors with morticed and tenoned joints throughout
- Greenhouse door includes aluminium door handle with mortice lock
- Shed door includes fitted padbolt
- Low threshold doorways for easy access
- Vinyl shed roof covering
- Thermally modified timber boarded shed floor, unpainted
- Greenhouse door height 6'6" (1980mm)
- Greenhouse door width 1'10" (570mm)
- Eaves height 5'8" (1730mm)
- Ridge height 7'9" (2370mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality greenhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your greenhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
THERMALLY MODIFIED TIMBER: Thermally modified timber is a beautiful natural material with a projected service life of 30 years or longer. Only heat and steam are used in the treatment process and no chemicals are added. It is a lifetime preservative treatment. The timber is gradually heated to a high temperature which permanently changes the physical properties of the wood. The resistance to decay and stability of the wood are significantly improved as are the insulation properties. The moisture content is reduced and resin is removed so it cannot seep out of the wood. The process was developed in Finland but it is based on ancient knowledge. For example, the Vikings knew that fencing poles with a burnt surface were more durable. The finished colour of the wood is an attractive brown which can be painted or stained just like any other wood. If the wood is left untreated it will fade over time to a silver grey colour in the same way as other timber.
TOUGHENED GLASS: Toughened glass is the best glazing material for use in greenhouses. It is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break and when it does break toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly. Toughened glass also strengthens the frame and it is heavy which helps to resist wind. Full height toughened glass is supplied in larger sizes than horticultural glass with no overlapping glass.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. Ideally the ridge of a greenhouse should run from east to west. The best position for a freestanding greenhouse is a sunny spot outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- High quality paint system offered in a choice of colours
- Choice of standard or painted finish on staging and shelving - available on greenhouses with a painted finish. Please note that the paint finish on work surfaces may wear or scratch with repeated use.
- Choice of 410mm or 655mm high timber panelling
- Choice of shed door position
- Choice of shed door hinges on the left or right (viewed from outside)
- Choice of greenhouse door hinges on the left or right (viewed from outside)
- Additional shed door
- Black antique door handles
- Shed windows
- Greenhouse side windows
- PVC gutters with downpipe and stopends
- Additional thermally modified slatted greenhouse staging, length to suit the greenhouse (eg. 4'3" staging in an 8'6" long building)
- Thermally modified high level greenhouse shelving, length to suit the greenhouse (eg. 4'3" shelf in an 8'6" long building)
- Free standing thermally modified 2 tier greenhouse staging
- Additional thermally modified shed shelving
- DIY base kits - fully paved or perimeter base
- Attractive wooden slatted water butts
- Electric and gas heaters
- Thermometers and soil gauges
- Automatic watering systems
THERMALLY MODIFIED TIMBER PANELLING: The greenhouse frames are fitted on a 20mm thick black PVC damp proof barrier. The integral timber panelling features 12mm thick tongued and grooved matchboarding (finished size after machining). All timber is thermally modified, a lifetime preservative treatment. Timber panelling offers better heat retention in the winter than fully glazed greenhouses and it is ideal for growing shade-loving plants such as ferns. The cladding boards are fully built into the greenhouse frame as an integral part which cannot be detached.
COLOURED PAINT FINISH: This greenhouse is available treated inside and outside with a high quality microporous paint system in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
HEATERS: We offer a huge range of heaters so whatever your specific requirements we have a heater to do the job. Our electric heaters require a standard domestic 13 amp electricity supply. Our propane gas heaters require permanent trickle ventilation when in use. As an approximate guide, a 3kw heater will heat a greenhouse up to 8'x12' or provide frost protection only up to 10'x15' in normal site conditions. A 1.5kw heater will normally heat a greenhouse up to 6'x8' or provide frost protection only up to 6'x12'. Internal partitions are often used in large greenhouses to create a smaller warm room which is cheaper and easier to heat.
HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down.
VENTILATION: Improved ventilation increases the air circulation through the greenhouse for better growing results. Automatic openers react to heat which ensures that in hot weather the vents open in your absence and then close again when its cooler. Some plants such as alpines require more ventilation than others. If you are not yet sure which plants you are likely to grow improved ventilation will give you more versatility.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are an affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these 100% recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. Designed to spread weight, our plastic bases are self draining and fully relocatable. A fully paved base has no soil inside the greenhouse. A perimeter base features a single row of pavers laid around the perimeter of the greenhouse with soil inside. The kits include weed control membrane which is laid below the pavers. First the ground is levelled and then the membrane is laid directly on the soil. The pavers are laid on the membrane. The pavers should be backfilled with pea shingle which is not supplied. Approximately 20kg of shingle is required per paver. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. The base is normally a few inches larger than your building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 150 tonnes per square metre. Each eco-grid paver is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60mm hexagonal cell structure. Eco-grids can be laid on soil or shingle. Integral pegs on the underside help to level the base grids more easily. If the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface we recommend our eco-paving which features a flat underside.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Our eco-paving is stronger, less brittle and more difficult to damage than concrete paving slabs. The pavers have a strong grid structure underneath and the surface looks similar to concrete slabs. We recommend eco-paving bases for larger sheds and workshops, log cabins, commercial use and any other heavy duty applications. It is also recommended if the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Eco-paving can also be laid on soil or shingle. Supporting up to 200 tonnes per square metre, each eco-grid paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick.
DELIVERY UPDATE: This product is currently available within the estimated delivery times below although some deliveries may be a week or two late. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 9 and 10 weeks after order for unpainted greenhouses.
- Delivery is normally between 18 and 20 weeks after order for painted finish greenhouses.
- Our greenhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These greenhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper greenhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only. Carriers cause more damage and normally refuse to carry glass or large panels. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, greenhouses delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All greenhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this greenhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
FREE INSTALLATION: This greenhouse includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other buildings. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality buildings which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these greenhouses include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.