STOCK CLEARANCE SALE - many prices reduced!
Click this messge to hide it.
Aluminium Lean To Greenhouse 125 - Green, Polycarbonate, Base Included
- Twin wall polycarbonate glazing
- Green powder coated aluminium greenhouse frame
- Green powder coated galvanized steel base plinth (makes installation easier)
- Hollow box profile aluminium ridge beam for greater strength and rigidity
- T-shaped box profile glazing bars with a central upstand for greater strength and rigidity
- Profiled eaves beam with integral gutter
- Clip free glazing system which holds the polycarbonate glazing in position more securely
- Unlike most other greenhouses, the unique glazing design retains the polycarbonate panels continuously on every side
- The glazing bars feature continuous vertical grooves to retain the glazing more securely to each side
- Glazing bars are secured by self-tapping screws
- The unique eaves beam design features continuous horizontal grooves to retain the wall and roof glazing more securely
- The ridge beam features continuous horizontal grooves to retain the roof glazing more securely
- Horizontal braces in the side walls and roof to provide greater structural rigidity
- Extra fixing brackets ensure a stronger connection between the door framing and the greenhouse frame
- Extra fixing brackets ensure a stronger connection between the roof vent framing and the greenhouse frame
- The front and rear wall glazing panels are divided in two for added strength with rigid aluminium glazing bars at the joints
- 1 free opening roof vent
- Opening roof vent includes manual opener with casement stay and pins - unlike others the vent can be fixed in a closed position
- Single sliding door
- Door width approximately 2'0" (610mm)
- Door height approximately 5'10" (1790mm) including base plinth
- Eaves height including base plinth approximately 4'11" (1510mm)
- Ridge height approximately 7'3" (2210mm) including the base plinth
- Ridge height approximately 7'0" (2130mm) excluding the base plinth
- Greenhouse width 4'2" (1260mm)
- Greenhouse length 6'0" or 8'0" (1830mm or 2430mm)
- 4'x6' greenhouse overall weight 32kg
- 4'x8' greenhouse overall weight 37kg
- A powered screwdriver is recommended during installation
THIS POLYCARBONATE GREENHOUSE: These great value metal greenhouses feature green powder coated aluminium frames with durable twinwall polycarbonate glazing, which is normally an expensive extra. These sensationally cheap greenhouses are always in stock and the price includes fast delivery. From a technical viewpoint this greenhouse is heavier and more rigid than others at similar prices and the glazing is held in better. The precise manufacturing and careful packing is a match for our most expensive greenhouses. Sophisticated features include well retained clip free glazing, additional bracing and numerous specially designed brackets and clips to improve the strength. With such a competitive price this metal greenhouse is a popular choice with first time buyers. With the ultra safe polycarbonate glazing it is also a popular choice for the elderly and families with children or pets.
EXTRA RIGIDITY: This greenhouse is heavier than most other polycarbonate greenhouses. It features a strong frame with a box profile aluminium ridge. The design includes the horizontal braces in the side walls and roof to ensure maximum rigidity. The corners are securely fixed with triangular eaves and ridge brackets. In addition, specially designed brackets ensure that the vent frame and door framing are fixed more securely to the frame. Self-tapping screws are used to hold the glazing bars in place. This results in a stronger frame but using a powered screwdriver is recommended during installation.
UNIQUE CLIP FREE GLAZING DESIGN: The unique glazing design ensures that the polycarbonate panels are held in place continuously along every edge including the top and bottom edges. With most greenhouses the glazing is retained along the vertical edges only and the top and bottom edges receive little or no attention. This greenhouse features deep metal grooves in the glazing bars, the eaves beams and the ridge beam to retain the glazing sheets. The framing itself features an integral full length groove into which the edges of the glazing panels slide. The glazing panels are retained along the entire length of the framing. As a result, when the frame is fully assembled the glazing panels are more securely fixed and do not come out so easily. Unlike other glazing systems, no fixings, clips or capping strips are required.
STRONGER GABLE WALL GLAZING: The glazing panels in the front and rear walls are divided in two for added strength. One piece panels are more likely to flex and spring out in winds. Strong aluminium glazing bars at the horizontal joints provide additional rigidity, unlike the plastic jointing profiles used by some others. The grooves in the horizontal glazing bars ensure that the glazing is retained more securely.
TWIN WALL POLYCARBONATE: Twin wall polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and very practical. With small children or pets around polycarbonate greenhouses are safer. Polycarbonate is also safer to handle during installation. Polycarbonate greenhouses provide a similar growing environment to glass greenhouses with better insulation properties and reduced glare. Polycarbonate also provides good insulation from frost and maintains a more even temperature for better plant growth. Twin wall polycarbonate also diffuses light to prevent scorching. Twin wall polycarbonate glazing is stronger than the flimsy single skin polycarbonate sheeting supplied with some greenhouses.
POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coated finish is more attractive than the stark silver finish aluminium greenhouses. The tough finish also has excellent weathering properties and retains its gloss and colour superbly. A good example of powder coating is the finish on your washing machine. Powder coated aluminium greenhouses have a similar finish.
BASE PLINTH: The base plinth makes installation much easier. It is designed to be a portable and prefabricated foundation beam. The plinth features a flat underside to spread the weight of the greenhouse over a larger area. The base plinth can be placed on any flat and level surface including soil, gravel, decking, concrete or paving slabs. It is best to prepare a perimeter footing of concrete or paving slabs for the base plinth to stand on. However, with care the base plinth can be placed on any surface including soil or gravel provided that the ground is flat and level.
TIPS IF HEIGHT IS RESTRICTED: At sites where the wall height is restricted it may be possible to excavate the base area in order to reduce the ground level. This is not always practical at every site as it depends on the surfaces. It may also be possible to partially bury the base plinth or cills in the ground. This is best done after the greenhouse has been delivered, so you can use the actual greenhouse components for reference. You can use the cill components to ensure that the door opening is unobstructed, also to ensure that you excavate in exactly the right area. It is normally possible to gain a couple of extra inches (50mm) in this way which effectively reduces the overall ridge height.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. The best position for a lean to greenhouse is against a south facing wall and outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Polycarbonate glazing is not recommended at exposed sites. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
LENGTH AND WIDTH: The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the sloping walls to each side. The length refers to the front wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Next day delivery or delay the delivery until you're ready at the same price
- Saturday delivery available at additional cost
- AM delivery before noon available at additional cost
- The door can be positioned in the left or right end wall and does not need to be specified when ordering the greenhouse
- Freestanding shelf units
- Additional roof vent
- Automatic roof vent opener
- Base anchor kits
- Durable plastic floor or footpath with interlocking polypropylene tiles, assembled within a few minutes
- Water butt
GREENHOUSE ACCESSORIES - ALWAYS IN STOCK: As a specialist greenhouse supplier, established since 1981, we pride ourselves on supplying more options and accessories than other suppliers. All of our greenhouse accessories are always in stock all the time. Many accesories are only available when you buy the greenhouse and not available separately. However, we always make an exception for one of our customers - if you purchased your greenhouse from us we will always supply any accessory you need at any time, even many years afterwards.
BASE ANCHOR FIXING KITS - FOR SOIL OR CONCRETE: This kit makes it easy to fix your greenhouse down securely into concrete, paving slabs, decking or even soil. The brackets are profiled to grip the inside of the greenhouse base plinth with fixing holes on the inside. The brackets are fixed from inside the greenhouse with coach screws fixed down into the concrete, paving slabs or decking. If you want to site your greenhouse on soil you will need a concrete trench around the perimeter or smaller pockets of concrete into which the brackets can be fixed. You can fix the base plinth down with screws and wall plugs but it is much easier with our profiled brackets. Fixing the greenhouse down is recommended at all sites. The kit includes:
- Profiled anchor brackets - shaped to grip the inside of the greenhouse base plinth, with predrilled fixing holes
- Masonry drill bit - used to drill the correct size hole in concrete or paving slabs
- Zinc plated coachscrews - supplied complete with washers and plugs to ensure a neat easy fit
HEATERS: We offer a huge range of heaters so whatever your specific requirements we have a heater to do the job. Our electric heaters require a standard domestic 13 amp electricity supply. Our propane gas heaters require permanent trickle ventilation when in use. As an approximate guide, a 3kw heater will heat a greenhouse up to 8'x12' or provide frost protection only up to 10'x15' in normal site conditions. A 1.5kw heater will normally heat a greenhouse up to 6'x8' or provide frost protection only up to 6'x12'. Internal partitions are often used in large greenhouses to create a smaller warm room which is cheaper and easier to heat.
HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down.
ECO-PAVING FOOTPATH: A durable eco-paving footpath is inexpensive and easy to install inside any greenhouse. The footpath is normally laid inside the greenhouse after the assembly is completed. The kit sometimes fits comfortably inside the greenhouse with a few inches to spare. Sometimes it is overlength but it can be cut to fit. Our durable eco-paving footpath is a practical and affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install, these recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together. The interlocking design ensures greater rigidity and spreads the weight. Our eco-pavers are self draining and fully relocatable, unlike paving or concrete. Our eco-paving is less brittle than concrete paving slabs, with a strong supporting structure. The surface looks and feels similar to pressed concrete slabs, with a slightly textured finish. Designed to spread weight, the finished floor or footpath is self draining and suitable for wheelbarrows. Each eco-paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick. Weed control membrane is included. Laying eco-paving directly on soil is not recommended. Eco-pavers can be laid on a layer of gravel or pea shingle if it is carefully compacted and levelled. Each paver should be fully supported.
DELIVERY UPDATE: Please allow a few days extra for delivery because the carrier networks are less reliable at present due to exceptionally high demand. As a result our normal next day delivery service may be a few days slower. If you do not select a delivery day while ordering please email us with your requirements as soon as possible afterwards. Please read on for full details of the delivery service for this product:
- FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
- We always have a large stock of this greenhouse available - so we can always despatch your order immediately.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where you can be contacted during the daytime if needed.
- We recommend that someone is present to receive your greenhouse. If this is not possible we can deliver when you are out - please contact us for options.
- At most sites it is possible for the driver to deliver your greenhouse into the back garden unaided. Even if your greenhouse is too heavy for the driver to carry it far the lorries are equipped with trolleys for moving heavy items over hard surfaces such as concrete or tarmac.
- PERFORMANCE DATA: 94.22% delivered next day, 97.83% delivered within 72 hours, 4.07% reported damaged. We check the performance of our carriers regularly and publish the results. These large and heavy parcels are extremely difficult to deliver. Most carriers refuse to carry such bulky items. Too large for automated sorting lines, these parcels can only be handled manually. Drivers and warehouse staff struggle to lift these packages so occasional delays are more likely. Please allow a few days extra to avoid disappointment.
TELL US WHICH DAY: You need to tell us which day to deliver. If you want fast delivery please select the earliest available day while ordering. If you did not select a delivery day and you want fast delivery please email us as soon as possible after ordering. If you are not ready for delivery you do not need to select a delivery day while ordering - you can request delivery later.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is available throughout mainland England, Wales, southern Scotland and central Scotland. We deliver on the next working day if requested before 10.00am. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 10.00am on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice, just contact us before 10.00am the day before.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is normally next day to all mainland addresses in AB, DD, DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PA21-23, PA35-36, PH1-18 and TD postcodes. Delivery is 2-3 days to mainland and offshore addresses in all other postcodes.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is normally next day to the Isle of Wight. Delivery is within 2-3 days to the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices please enter your BT postcode. Unfortunately we're currently unable to deliver to Northern Ireland due to extra requirements created by Brexit.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. Unfortunately we're currently unable to deliver to Republic of Ireland due to extra requirements created by Brexit.
2-3 DAY DELIVERY: In some areas next day delivery is not possible. 2-3 day delivery is the only option in Northern Scotland, the Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. In these areas the AM and Saturday delivery options are also not available.
AM DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. The AM delivery option is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The AM delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. If your delivery is outside the specified time the charge will be fully refunded.
SATURDAY DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just email us before 10.00am on Friday.
NO HIDDEN DELIVERY CHARGES: The price you see is the price you pay. Our greenhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike most others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process. However the prices may vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
- All greenhouse prices include VAT.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.