28 May, 2023 05:00:27
Pressure Treated Garden Arch 986
This elegant garden arch is 4'5" wide overall and 2'4" deep (1340mm x 720mm) and features pressure treated timber throughout, a lifetime preservative treatment. The sturdy construction features a curved roof and side diamond trellis panels. The arch has an adjustable width to suit most garden shapes and sizes. This structure will add interest to your outdoor space as well as provide support for climbing plants. This arch is supplied as prefabricated panels for easier self assembly. All fixings and instructions are included.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 31st May.
The prices INCLUDE DELIVERY. All fixings and instructions are included.
|Pressure Treated Arch||£179|
|Pressure Treated Arch with 4 Heavy Duty Bolt Down Brackets||£229|
|Pressure Treated Arch with 4 Heavy Duty Drive In Spikes||£239|
- Pressure treated throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Timber sizes are nominal i.e. before machining, unless described as finished size
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- All timber used in the construction of this garden bench originates from sustainable forests in Northern Europe
- Substantial ex 3"x3" corner posts (finished size 70mm x 70mm)
- Rafters ex 3"x2" (finished size 70mm x 35mm)
- 2 diamond trellis panels
- Curved roof (bowed rafter finished size 70mm x 35mm)
- Smooth planed finish
- Prefabricated pieces for simple assembly
- Adjustable width by moving the corner posts
- Maximum internal archway opening approximately 3'11" (1200mm)
- Overall width approximately 4'5" (1340mm)
- Overall depth approximately 2'4" (720mm)
- Overall height approximately 7'4" (2230mm)
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
SAFETY: This product should be placed on a flat, level and hard base. Concrete and paving are ideal. Lawns are often too soft, but may be suitable with care. Children should not be allowed to climb on this product or to play around it without adult supervision. Jumping on this product is not recommended. Adults should sit down without excessive force. During the winter months and periods of adverse weather we recommend covering this product or storing it under cover.
- A choice of post brackets for fixing the posts down into the ground
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 1 and 2 weeks after order.
- Our accessory prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- All accessory prices include VAT.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
Features and Accessories
Post fixing brackets