Click to set
Greenhouse Glazing, 4mm Twinwall Polycarbonate
Twin wall polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and easy to handle, so its safe for the whole family. Its also easy to cut with a Stanley knife which makes it ideal for replacement glazing. It provides good insulation from frost and maintains a more even temperature for better plant growth. Twin wall polycarbonate also diffuses light to prevent scorching. With good light transmission properties it is no surprise that this versatile glazing material is so popular in greenhouse glazing.
Prices fixed until Monday 2nd March.
- Virtually unbreakable
- Good insulation from frost
- Maintains a more even temperature than glass
- Diffuses light to prevent scorching
- High light transmission properties
- Easily cut to any shape or size with a Stanley knife
- Easily fitted with standard greenhouse glazing clips
- Easily overlapped at joins with standard greenhouse overlap clips
- Existing clips and gaskets can be reused
TWIN WALL POLYCARBONATE GREENHOUSE GLAZINGTwin wall polycarbonate glazing is far stronger than the flimsy single skin polycarbonate sheeting supplied with some greenhouses. Twin wall polycarbonate is often used in conservatory roof glazing because it is a stable and long lasting glazing material which does not significantly alter with the passage of time.
- Grade A polycarbonate is brand new and free from defects. It is stored in the original packaging.
- Glazing clips, also known as "W" clips because of their shape. These are galvanized wire spring clips to retain the glazing at each side. Six clips are normally required for each 612mm x 1218mm polycarbonate sheet.
- Overlap clips, also known as "S" clips because of their shape. These are used whenever glazing sheets are overlapped. Two clips are normally required for each overlapping sheet.
- A choice of butyl rubber or double sided foam glazing strips are available as replacements for perished old gaskets. Both can be easily fitted to any aluminium or wooden greenhouse frame so there is no need to hunt for the right type of gasket. Both butyl rubber and double sided foam are adhesive on both sides which makes them ideal for use with polycarbonate glazing. Butyl rubber has similar properties to putty and it is often described as "putty on a roll". It is less rigid than foam tape so it is harder to fit in a neat straight line but it is more adhesive and impervious to water. Butyl rubber is best for applications where durability is more important than appearance. Foam tape is better if appearance is more important and also for people who prefer easier installation.
- We measured some typical greenhouses to give you an idea how much glazing your greenhouse may need. Please note that the glazing for each make and model of greenhouse varies slightly so you should measure your own greenhouse before ordering.
- Most basic greenhouses are designed around horticutural glass sizes. Horticultural glass is available in 24" x 24" (610mm x 610mm) or 24" x 18" (610mm x 457mm). The glazing bar spacing is therefore designed to suit 24" (610mm) wide glazing.
EXAMPLE: A typical 6' x 8' greenhouse requires 25 sheets 610mm x 1215mm
- Roof glazing requires 8 sheets 610mm wide x 1140mm long
- Wall glazing requires 14 sheets 610mm wide x 1215mm long
- Gable glazing requires 3 sheets 610mm wide x 1140mm long
EXAMPLE: A typical 6' x 4' greenhouse requires 17 sheets 610mm x 1215mm
- Roof glazing requires 4 sheets 610mm wide x 1140mm long
- Wall glazing requires 10 sheets 610mm wide x 1215mm long
- Gable glazing requires 3 sheets 610mm wide x 1140mm long
In the examples above the sheets used to glaze the gables need to be cut into triangular shapes. If you still have the original instructions these should include a glazing schedule with the exact size of each pane. Even if you have no instructions you can measure either the existing glass or the greenhouse frame. Most of the panels are the same sizes so detailed measurements for each individual sheet are not normally required.
In the examples above the sheets used to glaze the roof and walls need to be cut to suit any roof vents or louvres or to glaze the door. These cuts are simple 90 degree cuts. If you still have the original instructions these should include a glazing schedule with the exact size of each pane. Even if you have no instructions you can measure either the existing glass or the greenhouse frame. Most of the panels are the same sizes so detailed measurements for each individual sheet are not normally required.
- FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
- We always have a large stock of this item available - so we can always despatch your order immediately.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where the driver can contact you on the day of delivery if needed.
TELL US WHICH DAY: If you want next day delivery you need to tell us when to deliver. We cannot deliver unless you tell us which day. You can select a delivery day when you order online or if you order by phone. Alternatively, you can order without specifying a day and request delivery later by phone or email.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is available throughout mainland England, Wales, southern Scotland and central Scotland. We deliver on the next working day if requested before 12 noon. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice - just contact us before 12 noon the day before.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is normally next day to all mainland addresses in AB10-16, AB21-25, AB30-36, AB39, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and TD postcodes. The next day service is not available elsewhere in Scotland. To any other Scottish address delivery is normally within 3-5 working days after order. In areas where the 3-5 day delivery service operates it is not possible to choose a specific day for delivery.
IRELAND AND OFFSHORE ISLANDS: The next day service is not available in these areas. Delivery is normally within 3-5 working days after order. It is not possible to choose a specific day for delivery. The 3-5 day service is available to Northern Ireland, the Scottish Isles, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. We are currently unable to deliver to the Channel Islands or the Republic of Ireland.
NO HIDDEN DELIVERY CHARGES: The price you see is the price you pay. Our prices include all delivery charges - unlike most others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process. However the prices may vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the first half of your postcode.
- All accessory prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us free on 0800 9777 828 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit card, a credit card or PayPal. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode or PayPal. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
Please scroll down to see our customer reviews about this product. All reviews are genuine unsolicited emails we have received from customers after they purchased this product from us. Please click here to see more reviews from our customers
All in order, and have just received the goods. Excellent service, thank you and sorry for the delay in replying I was called away from home.
Barry, Southampton, Hampshire, SO40, Polycarbonate Glazing Sheets, 4th February 2015
Dear Sir, received goods in good time and very pleased with the service once again.
Christopher, Meopham, Gravesend, DA13, Polycarbonate Glazing Sheets, 20th December 2014
My delivery arrived safely this morning before 7.30 am.
Very efficient order processing and delivery by your contractor.
Peter, Southampton, Hampshire, SO31, Polycarbonate Glazing Sheets, 13th January 2014
I would just like to thank you for the efficient service you provide. Lost panels from the greenhouse, contacted you, ordered, and had them delivered a couple of days later, what service. thank you very much
Janet, Ardrossan, North Ayrshire, KA22, Polycarbonate Glazing Sheets, 16th January 2012
In reply to your e-mail I must commend you on the speed and efficiency of your service. I placed my order last Thursday, expecting that I would not receive it for up to a week and it arrived on Friday – not a full 24 hours since order. Thank you! My greenhouse roof has been repaired and I am more than happy with the result.
Anne, Newtownabbey, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT37, Polycarbonate Glazing Sheets, 5th June 2011
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I should like to take this opportunity to thank you for the 1st class service that you have given me. I received the order this morning, I look forward to doing business with you again in the future, Thank you once again
The very best regards.
Albert, Bideford, Devon, EX39, Polycarbonate Glazing Sheets, 24th June 2009